Monday, May 05, 2008

Hourglass Medallion




Yes I am on leave from work at the moment. I have taken on a new pretty full on job plus with 3 kids and everything else on the plate I have very little time (or inclination) to quilt. Mark has gone on a boys trip this week to Central NSW and while we all miss him I am enjoying having a weeks leave to just spend at home and do me things. The plans are quilt, quilt, spend time with friends and mum (quilting), have a facial, quilt, do the mothers day lunch at school and quilt. DID I SAY QUILT!!!


Today was a great day spent with my Monday night friends. Susans hubby went with Mark so we had a full day of it. Way too much food, lots and lots of laughs and lots of sewing. I had a success with finishing the top of my Hourglass Medallion quilt. This is one that I worked out for myself. Inspiration was the last border I put on my Roebuck Chintz. This was an hourglass block with a thin strip of quilters muslin between them. So of course I had to make it into a quilt. Plus I borrowed a piece of toile from Mum that she bought when we were in the US. From the Painted Pony I think. Anway Day 1 is now over. A great start.


No comments: