Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Day 2 and 3 of leave - Starting JANE!!

About 18 months ago (OMG where did the time go) mum and I bought our background fabric from A Quilters Hive at Georgetown (Newcastle) NSW in preparation for this magnificent quilt. I am sure it does not need an introduction but anyway. It is the famous Dear Jane quilt by Jane A Stickle. Made in 1863.
We have decided to make (START!) this at our yearly trip to Tocal with Maitland Patchwork and Quilters retreat. So since I was off work we thought we would take the opportunity to get the fabric cut and ready so we can just sew, sew, sew in a fortnight. Mum came in for a sleepover (since she lives 45mins away) and we kept the cooking to a minimum. Leftover Minestrone Soup for lunch and a quick baked Chicken Rissotto and freeform apple pie for dinner. I had a great time especially being able to spend the time with Mum which I don't really get to do so much anymore.

Luckily we also had the Electric Quilt Dear Jane software and that made everything much easier and quicker.


In mum's hands below are the 2 times 33 blocks that are ready to go. Did I say we are doing one each! Of course homework is to try and get some of the applique blocks done in the meantime.
My additional homework is to try and get ready the 8 more blocks we want to take with us.
I think that we are being a bit optimistic to expect to get 2 x 41 blocks completed in 2 days. But much better to have too many than not enough.

Now I need to go and do some of the house jobs I have ignored for the last 3 days.


No comments: