Monday, July 17, 2006

Double Wedding Ring.

I recently completed a class at our local quilt shop with a double wedding ring where you sew a heap of strips together and then cut out the curves using a template. D1 and D3 are fighting over the quilt. It's in shabby colours and is really pretty. I haven't got a photo of that one yet. Mum & I also decided to have a go at making one out of flannel for D3. That's her there with it above. It's waiting to be quilted but 1st I will have to get down to Singleton and get the backing fabric. I am thinking that the purple looks pretty good. I am going to try and get in there on my way to Newcastle on Wed for work. She might just get it in time for next winter!!

Today was the last day of the school holidays. Hubby & I took the girls down to see Pirates of the Carribean. We all loved loved loved it!! Just like the first and can't wait for the third.

Hopefully they all had a good break. We had to both work but they had a few days at both sets of grandparents and their aunt & uncles. Thats gotta be better than just sitting at home. D1 of course had homework. Thats highschool for you.

I have also added a quilt that I finished a while ago. About 2000. Every year for a while I have been going to the Maitland Patchwork and Quilters Quilt-In. They have had great tutors and I have learnt lots from them. Mainly colour confidence. Least I think so. Sadly, this year was the last one and I making the Roebuck Chintz.

So this is an old photo. "Birds in my Garden" and was completed with Brigitte Giblin. A very talented quilter who is inspired by antique quilts.

It was quite a stretch for my skill level at the time but I reckon after this one I would try anything. At least once anyway.

No comments: