Friday, October 23, 2009

Holidays

My eldest daughter has started her HSC exams this week. It also seems a great time to have some time off work and help her with motivation/commiseration. Whatever may be needed.



My plan is to finish a few of my outstanding UFO's. They are all outstanding! And there are only a couple of them. Haha.

Yesterday I finished this top I started last year. It is a Lori Smith design "From the Heart" that I did as a BOM from Homestead Hearth. Now that the Aussie dollar is going so well again I may have to look into doing another with them. Everything was marked and packaged exceptionally and it made completing a quilt with such small pieces much easier.

I already had the pattern. In fact, I have a few of hers. I bought them when I was in Houston in 2006 and she kindly signed them for me.

There is always a lot of work in her patterns. For this one all the blocks are 6" which made for some fairly accurate piecing requirements. But I am extremely happy with how it has turned out. I plan to hand quilt this (someday).





The day before I spent the day with Mum and my sister-in-law on their normal weekly sewing day. Oh the luxuries of annual leave. I finished block 3 of the Sue Ross BOM. It went together really well although I did have to 'fiddle' with the last bit of inset sewing. The pink diamonds on the end of the stars had stretched a bit. Bias edges. Anyway its all done now and I am looking forward to the next block. Wish it would come while I am on holidays.





The plan for today is to finish another Lori Smith design. It is only a small quilt. Actually it is only a small quilt and I only cut it out last night so it is not really a UFO (I suppose it is now that I have cut it).

Better get to it.

1 comment:

Cardygirl said...

Love the quilt ...you are using your holidays wisely! Hope all is going well with DD...how long are you off for?