Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Flood Time!


Well! The weather has been extremely dramatic in our area. The rainfall has been huge! Ranging from 8" where I live to a massive 18" in a town about an hour from us. That is probably more than their annual rainfall - all in 3 days.


Newcastle has been absolutely ripped apart by a windstorm and most of the staff at work have been sent there to help restore power to the estimated 250,000 people going without. Now, 4 days later, the floodwaters are reaching them from the Hunter River.


It is just unbelievable after being in a devastating drought for the last 5-10 years. Unfortunately our supply dam level only increased about 1%.


In some ways having a wet weekend was great though because I could spend most of it at home. Tried to get a lot of quilting done.


The current project is my version of the quilt above. But I am using those delicious Freshcut fabrics by Heather Bailey. I promise I'll post a picture when it's done.

3 comments:

mereth said...

Hmmn, that quilt looks familiar, one of Talula Gilbert Bottoms if I'm not mistaken. I have one of these cut out and stored in a project box for one day.
I can't believe the floods either, what a staggering amount of water- if only we could store it somehow....

meggie said...

If only more had gone into our dams here on the Central Coast!
The Hunter Valley is supplementing us, - they would wish they could have given it all to us!
I love that quilt, will look forward to seeing yours.

Chookyblue...... said...

nice quilt....are you putting borders on it??