Sunday, September 03, 2006

Catchup No.2


This quilt here was from a kit I picked up at Quilters Hive when I was there recently. It is a really easy pattern by Julie Wallace. You just buy a 30cm strip of fabric for each block you want to make. So for a 3x3 quilt you need to buy 9 x 30cm pieces of fabric.

While I was at the shop I saw a fully completed Dear Jane. Can't wait to take mum to see it. We plan to make that our next major project together. A long term one.

I am thinking now of adding a scalloped border to this quilt all around the outside. D2 is playing netball at Charlestown for school soon and I plan to drive down to watch. May have to make a little visit!


The next quilt is a 40th birthday present for a member of my Friday night Quilt group. The tradition is to all get together and make one for each members 40th. This year we have 3. One in Sept, one in Oct (mine) and one in December. Everyone did a stitchery panel each and then we had a day to do all the piecing. I have just finished quilting it today plus sewed the binding and hanger on. Now I am ready to pass it onto Sheryl to slipstitch and then it will go to Deb to put all the buttons on it. One down and then only one more to go for me.




















The other quilty thing I have done is start to make a wedding quilt for my brother and his fiance. They have only been engaged since May and a couple of weeks ago told us that they wanted to get married before Mum & I leave for our trip to the US. 21st October to be exact. SO of course we have to make a quilt but that leaves about 7 weeks to have it ready. I'm sure we can do it. The pattern is inspired from an old one I saw on ebay. But I have since seen a similar one on Terry Clothier Thompsons website. I went out to Mum & Dad's yesterday after Netball and we had a big quilting marathon unitl about 11.30. We got all the centre together using leftover 1930's fabrics from D2's quilt. We tried to get started on the borders this morning but Caroline (the bride to be) arrived to have lunch with us for Fathers Day. We knew she was coming but just not quite so early. So know the quilt is all tumbled and folded up with the borders hidden in Mum's cupboard. Oh well we will have to have another go sometime soon. Well best go now I have to work tomorrow.

No comments: